At St Sebastian’s RC Primary School, we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, in line with the duty placed on us by section 175 of the Education Act 2002. We follow the government’s guidelines on safeguarding: ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education and Working together to Safeguard Children’.
At St Sebastian’s RC Primary School, we take our safeguarding responsibilities very seriously, prioritising the safety, health and wellbeing of all our children and staff. Volunteers and visitors are given clear safeguarding information and the wider school community is given safeguarding information relevant to them.
We do all we can to keep our children as safe and secure as possible and this is done in a variety of ways.
- We keep a current Single Central Record (SCR) that is regularly updated, to ensure all staff have undergone the necessary recruitment and criminal checks. These checks also apply to all volunteers and students who work in our school, while the governing board also undergo all appropriate checks.
- All visitors to the school are required to sign in and show a valid form of photo ID at the main reception area. No visitor will be allowed to work alone with children without a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
- All staff wear a school photographic lanyard, while all visitors wear a school visitor badge.
- All staff, children, parents and governors have signed an Online Safety Acceptable Use Agreement.
- We have a secure entry system and gates are only opened 8.40-8.45 and 3.05-3.25 when a member of SLT or Designated Safeguarding Leader is at the main gate or in the playground.
- All staff and governors receive safeguarding training every 2 years. All have received Prevent training.
Our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy can be viewed in the files below.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about a pupil at St Sebastian’s RC Primary School, please call 0161 921 1625 and ask to speak to one of the Safeguarding Team.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Caroline Doyle
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Jannine Platt
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead: Caroline Coffey
Named governor for Safeguarding: Eugene Connolley
If you are immediately concerned about a child and cannot contact one of the DSL’s, The Bridge Partnership can be contacted by telephone on 0161 603 4500 from 8.30am to 4.30pm. If you need to speak to somebody about your referral of concern outside these hours, please call the Emergency Duty Team on 0161 794 8888. Alternatively, you can email The Bridge at firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of St Sebastian's commitment to keeping every child safe, we are proud to be part of Operation Encompass. Operation Encompass is a unique Police and education early intervention safeguarding partnership which supports children and young people exposed to domestic abuse. Through this partnership the school’s Key Adult will be informed by 9.00am on the next school day that the child or young person has been involved, heard or witnessed a domestic incident. This knowledge, given to schools through Operation Encompass, allows the provision of immediate early intervention which means that our children will be given support and nurture when they need it most
If you would like to speak to someone further about the project or require further information, please do not hesitate to our school's Key Adult via our school office.
At St sebastian's RC Primary School our Key Adult is Mrs Caroline Doyle
If you would like to find out more information on this project there is a link below