Dear Parents / Carers,
Over the last eighteen months, staff and governors have worked extremely hard to move the school forward. The inspectors have recognised this and the many positive changes that have taken place since the last inspection. The governors and I are extremely proud of the children and staff and would like to thank parents for sharing their appreciation of school improvements. Below are a few of the positive comments made by the inspectors.
- The headteacher has united leaders and governors in their drive to improve the school. Together they have already improved teaching, pupils’ outcomes and attendance.
- Pupils are happy in this harmonious school. They work hard, play safely and want to learn.
- Parents and carers are very pleased that they chose this school for their children.
- Effective teaching has improved pupils’ reading, writing and mathematics across the school.
- Provision in the early years is caring and nurturing. Interesting and fun activities improve children’s skills and ensure that they make good progress.
- Pupils enjoy reading. Younger pupils use phonics to help them read unfamiliar words and older pupils read with increasing confidence.
- Attendance is improving, because leaders persistently challenge parents who keep their children away from school.
- Governors manage the school’s finances carefully and check that safeguarding is effective.
- Pupils with special educational needs achieve well due to effective support in class and help from external agencies.
- Disadvantaged pupils, including many who speak English as an additional language, make good progress because of the high-quality extra help they receive.
Thank-you for your continued support.