Under the guidance of the GIFT Team Co-ordinator, pupil GIFT Team members will:
- Give joyful witness of Christ in our school.
- Provide support for staff in the delivery of the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils across the curriculum.
- Help with the delivery and development of the sacramental provision for the whole school.
- Help with pastoral care of pupils.
- Assist with the delivery and development of the prayer life of the school by supporting and delivering assemblies, class prayer times and prayer groups.
- Develop and lead retreat experiences for staff and pupils.
- Develop the use of the chapel/prayer room/ sacred spaces or areas, for all staff.
- Be present at parents’ and open evenings to help with the welcome of all the community.
- Develop outreach work and supporting local, national and international charities e.g. Caritas Diocese of Salford, CAFOD; working for change and being the change makers.
- Be ambassadors for the school in school, in the parish and in other schools
As members of The GIFT team, we have a very important job to spread the Word of God throughout our school and the school community. It is our mission to interpret scripture so that children can better understand stories from the Bible and relate them to their own lives.
The GIFT team have a very high profile in school through our weekly prayer clubs, leading the prayers in our own classrooms, helping deliver whole school liturgy and collective worship, welcoming visitors and new pupils to our school and organising liturgical events.