Our School Curriculum Statement
St. Sebastian’s School seeks to be a living expression within the wider parish community of Gospel values. Staff work together to provide the teaching of Our Lord and his Church, governing faith and moral living. The school makes every effort to work in partnership with parents and parish for the growth and human development of each child. At St. Sebastian’s there is an emphasis on forgiveness, trust and respect for others in their uniqueness. Every pupil and staff member is valued. All are given equal opportunities to develop their personal and spiritual potential.
‘WE BELIEVE THAT ALL PEOPLE MATTER’
• To nurture and develop well rounded capable and caring individuals.
• To give children the skills, knowledge and attitudes to lead a rich and fulfilling life.
In order to achieve the above we need to ensure children:
• Have firm foundations of basic skills which they can use and apply.
• Have a broad range of exciting and creative opportunities to discover and nurture their individual talents.
• Develop a set of core human values which underpin their development and their sense of uniqueness and self worth as an individual.
• Have access and opportunity for all individuals to achieve their potential.
The St Sebastian’s Primary School curriculum consists of:
• The National Curriculum core and foundation subjects which are taught through a relevant, contextual and inspiring creative curriculum.
• RE permeates the whole curriculum and life of the school, and is delivered through The Way, the Truth and the Life series.
• An enrichment programme including dedicated arts weeks, additional music teaching, a range of performances, partnerships with the Lowry Theatre, local business and organisations, educational visits, eco-school education and practical session to promote health and well being.
• A programme of extracurricular activities which include creative and physical opportunities.